Sunday, March 29, 2009

After the Retreat


For some reason I created space this year to go on two weeks of meditation retreat. It’s really been a gift. Wonderful to have the time to deepen, to soften more.

More than any other time it seems easier to take the benefits of sitting on retreat into regular life. Although my mind might have a harder time quieting and slowing down, I am remembering the precious clarity and great light that illuminates. Almost like I'm more aware of that presence through more moments of time. And it feels easier to return to it.

Another way to try to describe it may be that I feel more porous. I can at times more easily release what’s obscuring this glorious presence. Once I touch into that space I’m altered even as I return to concreteness of “me.” It motivates me to practice, not just on the meditation pillow, but in life, becoming even more porous so the ‘deirdre-ness’ dissolves and makes room for more joy, love, and generous compassion.

No comments: