Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Gratitude Voyeur in St. Andrews





Wandering the streets of St. Andrews, Scotland ("The Home of Golf" as it's known) I happened to glance up and saw this older woman sitting in the window. She vaguely reminded me of my mother who had been active and engaged for so much of her life.

Seeing this lady framed in the window brought a wash of gratitude for whoever she is -- this woman sitting in her window going through her life with no idea of how her just being there would impact me and remind me of my mother.

And now I, wandering the streets with no idea of what I would find, am grateful and thankful for this unknown woman's life.

May she find ease. May her life be at peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... and as you wondered the streets of St. Andrews, you would have no idea of how your being there would impact some other person who happened to observe you. The mysterious and wonderful webs we weave.

Barca