Sunday, August 09, 2009

Living The Life You Want To Live



I love the web. I love everyone out there thinking and journeying through life. As you share your story with us, with me, my life is enriched.

In the wonderful way that life can be, blogger Amy Murphy
sent me a link to this story published in the New York Times that I love: "Those Aren't Fighting Words, Dear." (Amy was right, too, when she wrote that these are the essays that show the NYT isn't done for!)

Laura Munson, and my extension, her husband share the journey Laura went on when her husband of twenty years tells her he's not happy in the relationship nor with her. Instead of caving into that shock, Laura decides not to play along with it. She literally tells him, "I'm not buying it." The rest of the story is about the transformation that occurs.

Thank you, Laura. I am inspired by your commitment to stay in a loving, gracious place even as the world goes topsy turvy around you.

1 comment:

QUOTIDIANNE said...

THIS IS THE BEST ENTRY YET!